Hey loves! Hope you all are well! I recently celebrated my favorite holiday! Z's Day! His big day was March 3rd and he was thrilled about turning 6 years old! He's been counting down the days for the past three months. The day finally came and I was excited for my sweet child! Not to mention, his birthday landed on a Friday this year, that was another win!

    While Z counted down the seconds to his big day, I began to reflect back on the moment I gave birth to him up until his 6th birthday. I'm amazed at how fast he's grown and the lengths I've come in parenting this little person. He's always brought so much joy and light into my life. I'm so glad I followed God's course and trusted that he had major plans and a distinct purpose for creating him, despite my fears (Z came by surprise! :)) I was scared, as any first time mom would be, but I trusted God's timing. I've accomplished goals and dreamt dreams that I would not have otherwise without the presence of Z. I cried many tears of joy after delivering him.

    Even after giving birth to Z, I didn't fully understand what my elders meant when they warned me how I'd blink and he'd be walking and talking. Despite my lack of understanding of the adage, I never doubted it. Don't judge me but I kept the little jacket that he came home in and never let it go. It's one of my little keepsakes of Z's newborn stage. He came home from the hospital in it at 3 days old.

 
    This little jacket is so meaningful to me for several reasons. One subtle reason is the peace symbol on it, which for me, symbolizes my pregnancy and Z's birth completely; Peaceful and calm. I had absolutely no complications throughout my pregnancy (all praises to God) and labor and delivery went smoothly.
 
    It feels like yesterday when he was running around in diapers, big curly hair and a sippy cup! Now he's 6 years old, running around with a basketball, having sleepovers, picking out his own school clothes BUT still requesting foot rubs (I mean, can we blame him?).

   I honestly thought for his birthday he'd write out a cute little list of his most wanted toys. He actually didn't request any, he was just pumped up about reaching age 6. I believe our previous lessons on gratitude played a major role in that.  I felt impelled to give him gifts that I knew would put a smile on his face.
   Z, my sister and I were in Target's electronic department, about mid-February. Z got ahold of a pair of beatsbydre headphones and could NOT put them down! My sister and I laughed so hard watching his squirmy dance moves and head nods to the music. I had to go back without Z to grab them for his birthday. Y'all he was beyond excited! His reaction was priceless; he knew exactly why I bought them for him.



    Aside from fun at Skyzone and Chuck E. Cheese's, Z let off some steam from a Saturday afternoon basketball game. It was his last game of the season. It was nice to watch his skill advancements and growth from the beginning of this season to his last game. He won another trophy and jumped for proudly afterwards. It was the cutest thing & added such an epic twist to his birthday weekend.
 

    After all of that excitement & energy it took for me to keep up with him, I could not wait to go home and get comfy, Z wore me out. By the end of the night I could barely lift a finger, but I grabbed a few books to read with Z that he received as a birthday gift this year. Russell the Sheep was his favorite, they were all from Target; They typically have a fun collection of books in a variety of reading skills. Reading time is essential, I use it as a bonding tool for Z and I. 
   All in all, I feel so grateful that God chose me to be this child's mother. I pray that year 6 brings him more joy, laughter, love and growth in every way. 


"All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children." Isaiah 54:13 ESV

Comments

  1. My oldest just turned 6 in November and I just can't believe how fast time flew by! That newborn picture was so sweet. God bless you, mama! You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it goes by way fast! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your son ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAhh... so sweet! Such a milestone and sweet memories. christelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I'm soaking in every moment thanks love! 💕

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Single Moms’ Club

4 healthy ways to start your day

Raising a Grateful Child